CERTIFIED SCRUM MASTER
Learn, understand, and execute the three overarching principles behind Scrum – iterative development, self-management, and visibility – and earn your Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification.
Beginning with the history of agile development and moving through the disciplines promoted by Scrum, the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training course gives you a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a ScrumMaster. This two–day Certified ScrumMaster training course is suitable for those practicing or looking to practice the art of the ScrumMaster but is highly valuable for anyone involved in Scrum.
Even projects that have solid, well–defined project plans encounter some degree of change and waste. Shifting market conditions, budget cuts, staff restructuring, or any number of influences disrupt the best plan while contributing to customer dissatisfaction and staff discouragement. Moreover, projects that begin with changing or unclear requirements make it difficult to establish project expectations. Scrum is the agile development process that allows teams to deliver usable software periodically throughout the life of the project, evolving with new requirements as the project proceeds.
What You'll Learn?
- Explain and facilitate the Scrum roles: team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster
- Use the foundational, critical concepts of Scrum
- Apply empirical thinking to your project work
- Understand your team's productivity and lead them to improve it
- Communicate the importance of organizational agreement on software readiness
- Appreciate that the ScrumMaster role can be the most satisfying as well as the most difficult job on a project
- Embrace the role of conflict resolution in Scrum
- Work on real-world Scrum projects
- Utilize the Scrum framework
- Know when software is "done" under Scrum
- This Scrum Master (CSM) certification program was developed for any professional who is currently involved in or will become involved in the running of Scrum projects.
- Current Scrum Team Members not certified, including:
- Business customer, user or partner
- Product Owners
- Team Members
- Acting ScrumMasters who currently are not scrum certified
- Positions within organizations that are interested in moving to Scrum, including:
- Project Manager
- Project lead
- Project sponsors
- IT Manager/Directors
- Business Analyst
- Please note: This course has an Attendance and Virtual Camera Requirement
- Attendance is required throughout the duration of this course. Instructors will verify each student's attendance and participation to ensure course completion.
- Webcam usage is required by all students
- Complete the Scrum Foundations eLearning Series and download and read the official Scrum Guide and be familiar with the Agile Manifesto.
- Duration 16
- Lessons 1
- Language Spanish, English and Brazilian Portuguese
- Skill Beginner
- Available Seats 20
- Last Update May 8, 2023